Marta Simoncini is an assistant professor in administrative law at LUISS “Guido Carli”.
Search keywords: General principles, Administrative organisation, Administrative proceedings, Fundamental rights, General principles, Administrative organisation, Administrative proceedings, Fundamental rights, Risk regulation and governance, Public utilities, Eu agencies
Departments: Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza, Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche
Marta holds a PhD in administrative law (University of Pisa), a Laurea in Political Sciences, majoring law (University of Pisa) and a University Diploma in the same area (Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna in Pisa). Prior to joining LUISS, Marta was an FWO post-doctoral fellow at King’s College London and the University of Antwerp and a Max Weber fellow at the European University Institute. Marta is also fellow in EU law at University College London and of the UK Higher Education Academy.
Her research interests cover European law and administrative governance, in particular in the check-and-balances applicable to discretion, especially in the context of risk-based regulation. She published extensively in international and national peer-reviewed journals, and she also authored two monographs for Hart Publishing (2018) and Editoriale Scientifica (2010) and she co-edited a volume for Routledge (2017).
Pubblicazioni principali (ultimi 10anni)
- Simoncini, Marta (2018). EU Agencies in the Internal Market: A Constitutional Challenge for EU Law. STALS, p. 1-23. ISSN 1974-5656.
- Simoncini, Marta (2018). Administrative regulation beyond the non-delegation doctrine: a study on EU agencies. Hart Publishing, p. 0-213. ISBN: 9781509911721.
- Herwig, A; Simoncini, M (2017). Risk, Precaution, Responsibility and Equal Concern. RATIO JURIS, p. 259-272. ISSN 0952-1917. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/raju.12163.
- Simoncini, Marta (2017). Paradigms for EU Law and the Limits of Delegation. The Case of EU Agencies. PERSPECTIVES ON FEDERALISM, p. 47-71. ISSN 2036-5438.
- Simoncini, M; Straetmans, G edited by (2017). Sixty Years Later: rethinking Competing Paradigms for EU law in Times of Crisis. Centro studi sul federalismo Perspectives on Federalism, p. 2-289.
- Simoncini, M; Straetmans, G (2017). How to Bridge the Gaps between Competing Paradigms for EU Law: An Introduction. PERSPECTIVES ON FEDERALISM, p. 1-19. ISSN 2036-5438. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/pof-2017-0017.
- Herwig, A; Simoncini, M edited by (2017). Law and the Management of Disasters: The Challenge of Resilience. Routledge, p. 1-279. ISBN: 978-1-138-19352-9.
- Lazari, A; Simoncini, M (2017). Critical infrastructure protection beyond compliance. An analysis of national variations in the implementation of Directive 114/08/EC. GLOBAL JURIST, p. 267-289. ISSN 1934-2640. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/gj-2015-0014.
- Simoncini, Marta; Lazari, Alessandro (2016). Principles and Policies of Resilience in European Critical Infrastructures. Cases from the Sectors of Gas and Air Transport. LEGAL ISSUES OF ECONOMIC INTEGRATION, p. 41-64. ISSN 1566-6573.
- Simoncini, Marta (2015). Legal boundaries of European Supervisory Authorities (ESAs) in the financial markets: tensions in the development of true regulatory agencies. YEARBOOK OF EUROPEAN LAW, p. 319-350. ISSN 0263-3264. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/yel/yev023.
- Simoncini, Marta (2015). The erosion of the Meroni doctrine. The case of the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA). EUROPEAN PUBLIC LAW, p. 309-342. ISSN 1354-3725.