The CISE (Centro Italiano Studi Elettorali – Italian Center for Electoral Studies), is a research center established jointly by LUISS Guido Carli University and the University of Florence. Its main activity is to study elections and related institutions and processes. As a result, the main research activities of the Center concern:
- Analysis of political attitudes and behavior at the individual level, through the regular Italian political oversight survey series program, as well as through participation in the ITANES (Italian National Election Studies) national inter-university consortium
- Geographical analysis of vote choice, based on official aggregate data
- Estimation of electoral turnover tables, through the use of official data at the polling-station level
- Analysis of electoral systems, with an active contribution to the public debate on electoral reform
- Analysis of minor electoral legislation
CISE carries out most of its research through active partnerships with both national and international research centers, projects, and consortia.