- Dipartimento di Scienze Politiche
Born in Cremona, Prof. Mario Telò studied Philosophy (final dissertation in History of political thought, Magna cum laude) at the Florence University. Specialized at Sapienza university and PhD equivalent in Political sociology in 1982, after several research periods in Brussels, Paris-Sorbonne, Stockolm, New York-Columbia, Rome-Issoco and a teaching appointment in Roskilde Copenhagen in 1978-79.
Winner of National competition for Associate professor in 1986 and currently ordinary professor of History of political thought, he teaches this discipline at LUISS-Guido Carli.
He lectured and/or has been appointed as a Visiting professor in many universities of the US, Europe, East Asia, among others:Hamburg Universitaet, 1984-1985, Uppsala 1979, Macau, Pisa Sant'Anna, 2001 , Chuo-Tokyo and Hitotsubashi-Tokyo 2000 and 2002, LSE 2009, Oxford 2010, Sciences Po-Paris, 2010.
Jean Monnet Chair ad personam, Université Libre de Bruxelles-IEE since 1995, President of the Institute of European studies between 2005 and 2009, he teaches International relations, coordinates several international research networks, as GREEN Senior scholar (7th FP, including 16th world class universities), and Central coordinator of the global doctoral program GEM (Globalization, Europe and Multiletarlism), funded by DG Culture and education for the period 2010-2015.
He has been elected as a Member of the Royal Academy of sciences, Bruxelles, in 2006.
He served as advisor to the European Commission, DG research (High level Group on social sciences and humanities, 2002-2007) , DG Culture (responsible of the network of J.Monnet Chairs collaborating to the White Book on EU Governance), the European Parliament (2003:Rasmussen Report on Mastering Globalization), and to the European Council Presidency (in 2000 and in 2007).
Pubblicazioni principali (ultimi 10 anni)
- Telo', Mario (2017). Regionalism in Hard Time: Competitive and post-liberal trends in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americass. Routledge, p. 1-86. ISBN: 9781138206687.
- Telo', Mario; Louise, Fawcett; Frederik, Ponjaert edited by (2016). Interregionalism and the European Union: a post-revisionist approach to Europe's place in a changing world. Routledge, p. 1-455. ISBN: 9781472473264.
- Telo', Mario (2016). Brexit oder Bremain: Hin zu einem Europa der konzentrischen Kreise. DIE NEUE GESELLSCHAFT, FRANKFURTER HEFTE, p. 10-12. ISSN 0177-6738.
- Telo', Mario (2015). Regionalismus, Globalisierung und die Rolle der EU. DIE NEUE GESELLSCHAFT, FRANKFURTER HEFTE, p. 49-54. ISSN 0177-6738.
- Telo', Mario (2015). L’integrazione regionale dell’Unione Europea, in Istituto della Enciclopedia italiana fondata da Giovanni Treccani edited by Treccani atlante geopolitico 2015. Istituto della Enciclopedia italiana fondata da Giovanni Treccani. p. 131-144. ISBN: 978-88-12-00537-6.
- Jean Frédéric, Morin; Tereza, Novotná; Frederik, Ponjaert; Telo', Mario edited by (2015). The Politics of Transatlantic Trade Negotiations: TTIP in a Globalized World. Ashgate Publishing, p. 1-182. ISBN: 9781472443618.
- Telo', Mario edited by (2014). Globalization, Multilateralism, Europe.Towards a better Global governance?. Ashgate, p. 1-470. ISBN: 9781409464488.
- Telo', Mario edited by (2014). European Union and New Regionalism. Competing Regionalism and Global Governance in a Post-Hegemonic Era. ASHGATE, p. 1-478. ISBN: 9781472434364.
- Telo', Mario; Frederik, Ponjaert edited by (2013). The EU Foreign Policy. What kind of power and Diplomatic Action?. Ashgate, p. 1-248. ISBN: 1409464512, 9781409464518.
- Telo', Mario; Giulia, Sandri; Luca, Tomini; Jean Michel de, Waele edited by (2013). Comparative European Politics Special Issue: The Crisis of Italian Democracy in the European Context. Palgrave MacMillan, p. 261-382.
- Telo', Mario; Giulia, Sandri; Luca, Tomini edited by (2013). L’état de la démocratie en Italie. Université de Bruxelles, p. 1-167. ISBN: 978-2-8004-1534-5.
- Telo', Mario edited by (2012). State, Globalization and Multilateralism. London Springer, ISBN: 978-94-007-2842-4.