Maria Rita Testa joined Luiss University Guido Carli as Associate Professor in Demography in October 2020. She previously held positions at the Vienna Institute of Demography of the Austrian Academy of Sciences (senior researcher), and the Vienna University of Economics and Business (adjunct professor).
She has been Senior Fellow at the European University Institute, Fernand Braudel Program, Scientific board member of the European Doctoral School of Demography and adjunct professor at Lumsa University (Libera Università degli Studi Maria Ss. Assunta), Pontifical Gregorian University, and Sapienza University.
She received her doctorate in Demography from University of Florence (2002) and the habilitation in Demography and Social Statistics from the Vienna University of Economics and Business (2016) and from the Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (Abilitazione Scientifica Nazionale, Professore di I e II Fascia) (2018).
Her research interests include reproductive decision-making, family, fertility, environmental change, social sustainability, life course analysis, and panel/multilevel data analysis.
Among others, her research findings have been published in Population and Development Review, European Journal of Population, Demographic Research, Population Research and Policy Review, and Population and Environment.
She has won several grants including funding from the Austrian Science Fund for extremely high qualified women (Elise Richter Program) and funding of individual research in the area of non-profit oriented scholarly research (Stand-Alone Program). She has been a work package leader of research projects funded in the EU Seventh Framework Programme (FP7). She is expert peer reviewer for Italian Scientific Evaluation (REPRISE) and Associate Editor of Genus, Journal of Population Sciences.
Pubblicazioni principali (ultimi 10 anni)
- Testa, M; Rampazzo, F (2018). From intentions to births: paths of realization in a multidimensional life course. VIENNA YEARBOOK OF POPULATION RESEARCH, p. 177-198. ISSN 1728-4414.
- Buber-Ennser, Isabella; Kohlenberger, Judith; Rengs, Bernhard; Al Zalak, Zakarya; Goujon, Anne; Striessnig, Erich; Potančoková, Michaela; Gisser, Richard; Testa, Maria Rita; Lutz, Wolfgang (2017). Le niveau d’instruction des réfugiés arrivés in Autriche en 2017. POPULATION ET SOCIÉTÉS, p. 3-"-". ISSN 0184-7783.
- Testa, M; Stephany, F (2017). The educational gradient of fertility intentions: a meta-analysis of European studies. VIENNA YEARBOOK OF POPULATION RESEARCH, p. 1-39. ISSN 1728-4414.
- Testa, M (2017). Will highly educated women have more children in the future?. VIENNA YEARBOOK OF POPULATION RESEARCH, p. 1-38. ISSN 1728-4414.
- Buber Ennser, I; Kohlenberger, J; Rengs, B; Zakarya, Az; Goujon, A; Striessnig, E; Potancokova, M; Gisser, R; Testa, M; doi:, LUTZ PLOs ONE. 11(9): e0163481. (2016). Human capital, values, and attitudes of persons seeking refuge in Austria 2015. PLOS ONE, p. *-*-*-*. ISSN 1932-6203. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0163481.
- Testa, M; Bordone, V; Osiewalska, B; Skirbekk, V (2016). Are daughters’ childbearing intentions related to their mothers’ socio-economic status?. DEMOGRAPHIC RESEARCH, p. 581-616. ISSN 2363-7064. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2016.35.21.
- Jonk, P; Goujon, A; Testa, M; Kandala, J. (2015). Education and crime engagement in South Africa: a national and provincial perspective.. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT, p. 141-151. ISSN 0738-0593.
- Ocello, C; Petrucci, A; Testa, M; Vignoli, D. (2014). Environmental aspects of internal migration in Tanzania. POPULATION AND ENVIRONMENT, p. *-*-*-*. ISSN 0199-0039. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11111-014-0229-9.
- De Rose, A; Testa, M (2014). The ecological awareness and fear for climate change in Europe. ANNALI DEL DIPARTIMENTO DI METODI E MODELLI PER L'ECONOMIA, IL TERRITORIO E LA FINANZA ...., p. 113-135. ISSN 2385-0825.
- Testa, M; Cavalli, L; Rosina, A (2014). The Effect of Couple Disagreement about Child-Timing Intentions: A Parity-Specific Approach. POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT REVIEW, p. 31-53. ISSN 1728-4457. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1728-4457.2014.00649.x.
- Testa, M (2014). On the positive correlation between education and fertility intentions in Europe: Individual- and country-level evidence. ADVANCES IN LIFE COURSE RESEARCH, p. 28-42. ISSN 1879-6974. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.alcr.2014.01.005.
- Testa, M; Basten, S (2014). Certainty of meeting fertility intentions declines in Europe during the ‘Great Recession’. DEMOGRAPHIC RESEARCH, p. 687-734. ISSN 2363-7064. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2014.31.23.
- Testa, M (2012). Couple disagreement about short-term fertility desires in Austria: Effects on intentions and contraceptive behaviour. DEMOGRAPHIC RESEARCH, p. 63-98. ISSN 2363-7064. https://doi.org/10.4054/DemRes.2012.26.3.
- Testa, M; Cavalli, L; Rosina, A (2011). Couple’s childbearing behavior in Italy: Which of the partners is leading it?. VIENNA YEARBOOK OF POPULATION RESEARCH, p. 157-178. ISSN 1728-4414. https://doi.org/10.1553/populationyearbook2011s157.
- Testa, M; Sobotka, T; Morgan, P. (2011). Reproductive decision-making: towards improved theoretical, methodological and empirical approaches. VIENNA YEARBOOK OF POPULATION RESEARCH, p. 1-9. ISSN 1728-4414.
- Morgan, Philip S.; Sobotka, Tomáš; Testa, Maria Rita edited by (2011). Vienna Yearbook of Population Research. Special issue on Reproductive decision-making.Vol.9.. Austrian Academy of Sciences, p. "-"-"-".